Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"18 Forillon" Tombuttle's photos around Forillon, Canada (cap bon ami campground blog)

Preview of Tombuttle's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: www.travelpod.com This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Forillon, Canada Entry Title: "18 Forillon" Entry: "Took the slowest path, I think, to my new home -- I decided to continue following the Acadian Coastal route with a sidetrip to the Acadian islands (an extra 350+km versus going cross-country). Ile Miscou is as close as you can get to being in France -- even I can understand most of their french (like being in St Pierre). I continued to see the devastation caused by the fishing moratorium -- lots of boats in backyards and in spare spaces near harbours. The van is now sporting an Acadian decal - bleu (avec jaune etoile), blanc et rouge. The long-way round was very pleasant and relaxing with a much slower speed limit - the odd rain shower didn't perturb me a bit. Crossed into Quebec at Pointe-a-la-Croix (across the river from Campbellton NB) and meandered along the coast road toward Gaspe - this was a beautiful drive with the fall colours and hills always on my left. Although I gained an hour, it didn't give me any extra daylight -- I arrived at 20:00 in the dark at Forillon National Park. Being late, I ended up sleeping next to their Information Centre because I went to the campground which happened to be closed for the season and didn't have a map of the park to find the open one. It was a beautiful clear night with zillions of stars and ...

Raw Food Retreats Buy Fellowes Shredder Repair Discounted Scansnap S1500 Drivers Right Now








No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。